Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
August 10, 2010
Image Size
1.6 MB
Resolution
1920×1200
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
5,152 (1 today)
Favourites
104 (who?)
Comments
16
Downloads
415
×
Aftermath of Degre VII by Equiliari Aftermath of Degre VII by Equiliari
Aftermath of Degre VII

They went for Degre VII first. The planets defenses had no effect on the lifeforms. 27:35:45 local time the assault started, reports say the planet was in ruins at 27:47:45, exacly 12 minutes after the attack started.
A high ranking Children of Ra officers last report was from Degre VII. We believe he was present during the attack and due to his nature; we strongly believe he is still alive.
Commander, we need you to set course for the remains of Degre VII and search for Drebnor at once!


Degre VII:
Degre VII is a United Terran Alliance colony planetoid located in the Canis Maior System. It is orbiting around the sun Adara, 470 light years away from the Earth.
An angular distruption is brought forth by Degre VII's moon; Radon, makes 56% of the planetiod in hazardus contact with Adara's light radiation. The rest of the planetoids 44% is in constant night. The only stellar light source is Radon.

Despite this rather hostile planetoid, simple forms of mushroom-like cellular life grows on the bright side, able to withstand hostile eruptions of super heated oxygen. And on the dark side, similar mushroom lifeforms have evolved, most of the life on the dark side glow in the dark in a dim blue haze.

The planet was quickly colonized due to its massive supply of thorium; The most common fuel of United Terran Alliance Interstellar Spacecrafts.

The planet was declared UTA territory in 2435 after a major battle against the now wiped out space pirate organization 'Tenebrae'.

Image Details:
Original Size: 3072 x 2304 pixels @ 300 DPI
Time Spent: 21 hours
A lot of love was put into this.

One of the things I love next to utopian citiscapes are; Post apocalyptic scenery and interfaces. So I wanted to do a special one based on the story of my universe: 2635. It even fit a contest I had my eyes on... so it is almost like a 2 in 1 :)
1920x1200 wallpaper size for your pleasure. Bigger resolutions avaliable upon request (Without the interface).

Interface is heavily inspired by Marc Coleran

Interface Design: [link]
Details from full resolution image: [link]

Stocks Used:
[link] by raine-angelstock
Add a Comment:
 
:iconvala553:
vala553 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Children of Ra's?
Some sort of super man?
Reply
:iconequiliari:
Equiliari Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
The Children of Ra are descendants of the Ra whom the Egyptians worshiped as a god. So in short; yes.
Reply
:iconvala553:
vala553 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Ah.
So vacuum's no biggie?
Reply
:iconmarkpaulkk:
markpaulkk Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2011  Professional Digital Artist
This piece is awesome. Congrats on your placement position. I LOVE the sky and how the asteroids are pieced together with the stars. My only suggestion would be that the crosshairs/crosses that have been turned into a pattern overlayed across the majority of the piece should have been warped/had its paths curved around a sphere slightly - to give it more of a screen look and to give it more real life perspective

Good job overall and one I am actually finding inspiring!
Reply
:iconequiliari:
Equiliari Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2011  Professional Interface Designer
Thanks :D
Thanks for the :+fav: also ^_^
Reply
:iconerikshoemaker:
ErikShoemaker Featured By Owner Sep 15, 2010  Hobbyist Digital Artist
this image really pops out. Good job and congrats on your 2nd place. Well deserved!
Reply
:iconqauz:
QAuZ Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2010
Awesome!!
Reply
:iconequiliari:
Equiliari Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2010  Professional Interface Designer
Thank you :)
Reply
:iconqauz:
QAuZ Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2010
YW.
Reply
:iconinperfectioncreation:
Great universe... Incredible atmosphere... I love it :+fav:
Reply
Add a Comment: